Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Definition of hard work...Katie DeLeo

Up until this week I used to consider vacuuming the pool in the summer sun, or pulling up weeds up around my house was hard, strenuous work. My definition of those two words has flipped completely. The days have all seemed to blend so I can not describe each day but I can tell you that I have sanded a whole ceiling two days in a row, gutted a whole room infested with black mold (both of which needed respirators and safety goggles), cleaned out a yard that has over grown for years and had been crawling with cockroaches, lizards, ants, and worms, made a 15 foot pile of compost, painted the exterior of a house, and tore up around some of the biggest stumps I have ever seen. That to me redefines hard work and dedication. I can no longer find it within myself to complain about one single task I have completed this week.
While completing all these I thought that the day was never going to end, but looking at the progress and change that was made, helped me realized that all the hard work, gallons of sweat, and loads of frustration is more than rewarding and I would not ask for any easier work in a million years.
But if my parents are reading that does not mean I am going to come home and dive into everything that has not been done yet!
This trip is definitely life changing I do not want to leave, but at the same time I am happy to come back home and take all the skills and new experiences and put them to great use around locally. Love you all and see you soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment