Thursday, February 17, 2011

First Day! Kyle Franklin

Okay so my first day began at around 3:00-4:00 A.M when Matt Kirk's phone went off. I was displeased, but Mr. Morgan said something funny that Ms. Hamel said that I shouldn't post . Breakfast was solid, I had an untoasted bagel, then I found out that there was a toaster. Then, the day really began when we went on a tour of the Lower Ninth Ward, it was weird to see what had changed since I had been two years ago. Brad Pitt's houses that don't actually look like houses had practically taken over when just two years ago, there were only like three. Secondly, I saw Robert Greene again, who was in a trailer when I last saw him, who was now occupying one of said houses/houses that don't actually look like houses. Later, we went to a food bank, and I showed those boxes of food who was boss. We packed like pros to say the least.
The thing that I liked most about today was seeing how genuinely friendly people were to us. People said "Hi" as we passed by, and went out of their way to talk to us. It's so different from what I am used to seeing back in Massachusetts.
Oh, and lastly I would like to thank Chris Schott for halting my one and only chance at meeting someone somewhat famous. See, some TV show was being shot just a couple blocks from our house, but Chris wanted to go see a parade. I personally wouldn't have had a problem with this if the parade actually existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment